Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year - New Start to Blogging!!

Hello all of my sweet friends!!  So, I noticed today when I pulled up my blogroll that my sweet friend Jody had started back blogging. (check her out here)  It was so nice to see how she was doing and to just be able to reconnect and find out what has been going on in her life. (Not to mention I learned how to fry okra :) )  So I have decided to start blogging again.  I know that I love to keep up with what is going on in other peoples lives that I don't see on a regular basis so I am guessing the same is probably true about us.

So here is just a brief recap of 2009:

Got a new/used car (Yukon) and I love it!!, Dawson started having seizures in April, Our foster childs' birthparents signed over their rights (we are just waiting on a court date to be able to adopt him), Dawson was granted a Wish and we traveled to Disney World in May (Thank you sooooo much Make a Wish of SC), Dawson had more intense seizures and had to add more meds, We were denied a Sleepsafe bed for Dawson (we will have a hearing next Wednesday in Columbia to appeal the decision, PRAY LIKE CRAZY THAT THEY APPROVE IT!!  He really needs it.), I had to have a surgical procedure to remove a thickened lining of my uterus (No Cancer, PRAISE THE LORD!!),  We put hardwood floors in Dawson's room and the living room and now Dawson will walk in his walker all over the living room and he will also "crawl" on his back, We got to go to our first SOFT Conference (Trisomy 18) in Virgina and we had an amazing time getting to meet other families that are living with Trisomy 18 (we made great friends with the one family), and even through numerous trials God was faithful to provide!!!

So here we are in 2010, I just turned 34 years old.  Josh and I will be married 13 years in September, Dawson is 4 years old, DJ is 2 years old, Josh is the High School pastor to an amazing group of students at our awesome church, Brookwood.  God has truly blessed us with so much and has been faithful and continues to be faithful in every aspect of our lives.

The journey continues and God is faithful.





No comments:

Post a Comment